Enhance your business.
For businesses in the Taber or Brooks regions.
Apply for up to $10,000 in funding!
Enhance Your Business, Inside and Out
We are pleased to offer businesses in the Town of Taber, M.D. of Taber, and Brooks Region an opportunity to receive a beautification loan and grant to enhance the appearance of a business. The program provides an incentive for local business owners to invest in façade renovations and interior upgrades.
Businesses can apply for up to $10,000 in funding of which 80% would be an interest free loan and 20% would be a grant. Successful applicants could receive up to an $8,000 loan and a $2,000 grant.
Funds are limited, and spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Successful projects will strive to make visible improvements to the curb appeal, design and function of a business by:
- Adding curb appeal and variety at the sidewalk level, emphasizing active storefronts, orienting windows and doorways to the street.
- Improving the interior view of shops and restaurants through the use of clear glass, and storefront designs that make use of window display areas.
- Coordinating façade improvements with neighbouring buildings and the unique character of the local business area.
- Undertaking general cleaning of the building exterior, repainting faded and peeling paint, repairing damaged areas of the façade, and restoring unique architectural features.
Questions? Contact Alvaro at (403) 223-2984 to learn more!
Ready to Apply? Download an application package below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best place to start is to schedule an appointment with one of our Business Advisors.
General eligibility criteria include:
- Your business must be located in a rural community of Alberta
- You must be involved in the day-to-day operations of the business
- You must be of legal age and a resident of Canada
- You must contact a bank first. If you are unable to secure appropriate financing under reasonable terms elsewhere, contact us.
If you are interested in applying for a Community Futures business loan, you must be prepared to make a personal investment. We ask that you provide cash plus security (such as vehicles, equipment, land, buildings, etc.) to back the loan. This shows that you are committed to making your business work.
For more information, contact us.
Yes. All financial institutions including Community Futures will run a credit check on you or your incorporated company to see if you have dealt responsibly with past loans and debt. A bad credit rating is a concern to most lenders, including Community Futures. More information can be found on Industry Canada's website: http://strategis.ic.gc.ca. There are a number of things you can do to improve your credit rating. Feel free to contact us to discuss options.
Yes. A business plan provides important information about your company's management expertise and viability. Almost all financial institutions, including Community Futures, require that you prepare a business plan – and we can help you write it, or provide you with useful tips and tools.
Community Futures strives to provide a decision for each loan application within 10 business days from the date the completed loan application (including all required support information and documents) is received by the Community Futures office.
Contact us to discuss loan products and to obtain a Loan Application package.
Community Futures loans and services are available for businesses in rural areas. Your business must be located outside of the metropolitan areas of Edmonton (including St Albert and other communities within the Edmonton Capital Region) and Calgary.